Thursday, May 24, 2012

Seam Rippers can be SPEARS!!

This would only happen to me...I was taking apart some scraps and my seam ripper rolled off the ironing board.  I looked down and didn't see it right away because I was expecting it to be laying on the floor.  I was amazed to see it stabbed into the carpet - almost all the way up to the tip!!  Thankfully, it missed my foot - I go without shoes in my sewing room - I know..I know... that is brave considering I'm an OHSA candidate...but hey I'm from Mississippi - shoes are optional - ha ha
Not sure if I posted this but I am making a stained glass butterfly/coneflower wall hanging for my little sister.  I had hoped to finish it before we left for the beach - which by the way is ONE WEEK AWAY!!  I am SO ready!! 

 Since I have finished the Mississippi Magnolia quilt - ball joint is back on the wall - my "red" headed step quilt has had the cobwebs dusted off and yes ladies (and gents) - those are actually squares sewn together - the other rows are by the machine ready to be sewn.  Guess this one will be my "next" quilt.  I have not sewn much this week.  Have enjoyed being outside with the family now that the pollen has stopped falling and the weather is warmer.


 What is a post from me that does not have pets.  I received a really funny e-mail from my boss of various animals and their level - ceo - cfo - manager -etc..well...we all decided this was our boss and it really is her - when I look at this I just smile - you see my boss is really awesome and is definitely a fashion statement.  I printed this out and put by her name plate.
This is BeeBee just about to yawn - she looks so silly - she is missing our time in the sewing room.  I need to hang some batting on the quilting frame so she can play hide and seek with the dog... I'm really going to miss her when Ray transfers to his other school in January.  
This is the Magnolia quilt - it turned out so beautiful.  It will be hanging at Chastain Park for the whole world to see and I'm still a little nervous - it is my first venture out with my quilts in a public setting - well one where people are in front of me!!   

This is the quilt right after I finished it hanging from our deck.  



I always talk about the pets but I actually have a kid - well he actually really isn't a kid anymore.  This is him and who else - the dog...Tallulah at our local park.  Ray is driving my MGB that I've had for about 26 years - since he was 4.  Yes, it runs great - for a 36 year old car...  I am working on it one part at a time.  I must say though, for the well known electrical problems MGs have, this baby has never left me on the side of the road.  All original parts - very little, if any rust.  I've kept it inside when it was not being driven.  Of all things, the offical color of this car is Harvest Gold - which was popular for cars as well as appliances in 1976 HA HA!!





No comments:

Post a Comment