Monday, May 14, 2012

Two Quilts, One top, 11 T-Shirts, 10 Towels...

I have been very busy and remiss in keeping up with my blog.  

The two pink quilts I made for my littlest nieces are finished.  Just in time too - we are spending a week at the beach together.  I decided to make my other nieces these were orginally for more "grown up" quilts - they are teenagers now and these two quilts do better for the younger girls.  I don't get to see my family very often and they grow up so fast!!
 I have been up to my eyeballs in t-shirts and towels - I already have a towel - a Disney Mommie towel of course, so only had to make 10.  Got the t-shirts finished on Mother's Day.  Could not get them all in the photo but this is a good example of what the others look like.  
 One thing I love about our new deck is the ability to hang my quilts from so I can take photos of them before they leave to be loved by their new owners.  I rarely see them again once they leave me.  I don't really have a name for this one but it was fun to make.  I ended up cutting them to make "pie" slices - the construction of both are in previous blogs.
 I named this one Ms Pac Man
As y'all know, I like to do my binding by hand but I took a chance and did some decorative stitching on these to see if it would work.  I like it - it came out really nice.  I'll probably stick with hand sewing but may do this again depending on the theme and fabric.  This stitch really fit the overall designs on both of these quilts.

 I used the template and the frixion pens for the first time which is also in a previous post.  Sure looks pretty!!   I quilted both quilts with loop de loops using two different shades of pink thread.
 Now...the stained glass Magnolia....This is the quilt that will be raffled off at the Mississippi Society of Georgia Picnic on June 30th at Chastain Park.  I think it came out great - not a really good shot.  The top is finished - this week I will be rolling it onto the frame and will start the quilting part.  Once finished, I will take it outside and get some good pictures of it.
I'm off to make the backing for the magnolia quilt.  Tune in next time and hopefully it will be completely finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment