Saturday, April 28, 2012

Total DISASTER!!! Even chocolate won't fix this...

I am ready to start making the top for the Stained Glass Magnolia Quilt that will be raffled off in June at the Mississippi Society of Georgia Picnic.


I carefully folded all the colors around the Magnolia block to get the best color match.


I only have 5 yards of material and was very careful in making a list of what sizes to cut as shown in the instructions and doubly careful in cutting to get the most bang for the yardage.  


I got them all cut and stacked by size/color.  When I was placing the pieces onto the design wall, I thought I was seeing things because the pieces were not lining up with the pattern.  They were up to 3 inch gaps here and there.


I got out the instructions and could not believe my eyes!! See photos...


I stink at math but even I know that 5.5 x 3 is NOT 18 and I didn't even use my fingers and toes...The next row is even worse!!


Sad thing is, I caught the error on the 4th row, bottom photo, right before I started cutting.  Didn't think I had to pull the calculator out to add the block sizes in the rows together.


The company that the pattern came from is going to get an earful Monday morning.


I don't have enough material to recut AND this material came from Scarlet Thread - they are over an hour's drive away AND they are closed on Sunday.  Did I mention the material is BATIK!!  Expensive BATIK....


I am SO upset, but...I will fix it.  Just need to sleep on it.


Just damn..



No comments:

Post a Comment