Thursday, February 16, 2012

Key-Mo Hugs and Kisses

Rocky had a rough night last night and still a little under the weather today.  He is all curled up taking a nap on his Key-Mo quilt - I sewed up a lot of hugs and Tallulah sneaked some kisses in the stitches - just hope our baby is feeling better soon.  No one should have to go thru that awful chemo - it hurts our fur kids just as bad as it hurts our skin friends and families.
Whew...finally stage one is complete - all of the t-shirts are cut out.  I had a time getting the stablizer cutt off of the hummingbird shirt.  That was some strong stuff!  I almost clipped a wing or two trying to get around them.  Had to cut it off so the t-shirt would adhere properly.
Stage two is complete - the fusible fabric is ironed onto all of the t-shirts.  I've got about 1/4 yard of the 15 yard bolt left!!
 Here they are, fusible fabric all ironed on and ready to be trimmed into quilt blocks!!
 Stage four in progress - cutting them out and sticking them up on the design wall as I go - will move them around after I get them all up there.  I am SO lucky to have a full wall available as a design wall - it is completely covered in flannel backed table cloths!!
This is the focal point of the quilt I am now calling Ronnie's Roadie...Rick's square is on top - Cheryl's is on the bottom but I probably put them side by side.
Tune in next time and hopefully, the t-shirts will all be trimmed into quilt blocks and I'll be moving them here and there.  I'm good at moving things - anytime something gets lost around the house it is because I moved it. 


Can't rememeber if I posted the other pink and brown quilt top so here they both are - just need to get them rolled onto the frame and quilted.  
This is the first one.
This is the other one - I am going to take the borders off and reverse them.  The lighter color will be a nice break between the bolder colors.  Maybe this weekend I'll have time - it is going to RAIN all weekend - but I love the rain and gloomy days are my favorite so if anyone needs me - follow the hum of the machine.
Ohhhh - I just realized this quilt top could pass for hidden MINNIES....I need a Disney fix...





No comments:

Post a Comment