Monday, January 16, 2012

All that's missing is a graham cracker crust...

The quilt backing is all pinned and rolled.  

The top is ready - just need to measure and check to see how many pieces of the cotton batting I have stuffed in the box.  

Somebody almost got stepped on.  She likes to help me sew and will lay herself right down on my feet or on the corner of what I'm working on.  
Whew, had enough big pieces so I didn't have to open a package of 90x108 to cut out a 60x65 piece out of it!!  
Isn't this pretty!!  A girl at work made it for me.  I LOVE it!!  The colors and design on the paper are so me.
What is the graham cracker crust all about...This quilt screams Margarita and when I added the backing, it reminded me of a key lime pie!!!
Finished!! Didn't take a lot of time - this is only a lap quilt.
Binding being sewn on - the camera does not do justice to the pretty fabric but I took matching orange and green pieces and sewed them together.

Green section of the binding.
Backing, binding and top combined - it is really beautiful
Sneak peeks of the possible labels

I need a new camera!!  but - this is all three - top - binding and backing all sewn together.
Here it is!!  - I really like this fabric


This is a special quilt - Rocky - Tallulah's boyfriend, has been diagnoised with cancer - and this quilt is made for him and I call it Key-Mo - because it looks like a Key Lime Pie and what I think a Mojito would taste like.  I am selling it to help pay for his Chemo treatments.  The first $150 gets it but of course I will entertain offers.  It is for a good cause.  We love our Rocky Man....I also posted this on Rocky's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment