Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm an international snob now...

The quilt below is going to SWEDEN!!!  How cool is that.   A friend has a niece that lives there.  She is expecting a child in March so I spent the weekend getting the top cut and sewn together.    
Elizabeth really liked Rocky's quilt - the colors and the pattern of the squares so I stayed with the same colors as best I could.  It was storming to beat the band Saturday so I could not get down to A Scarlet Thread.  Went to Intown Quilters - A shop in Decatur - it was nice - not as big as AST but just as much beautiful things to choose from!!
Remember the class I took a couple of weekends ago on how to make a T-Shirt quilt - well - if I had gone thru my patterns, I would have found this!!  Oh well - at least I got some good advice on how to put them together once they were cut.  And I did pick up some nice Batiks while I was at AST...
Turn your  head - I rotated it but apparently, it didn't obey my command...
 For those of you that do not like the press-n-seal stuff from Glad, I have a new use for it.  Yep - sewing - I tested it out.  Put it over a pantograph and traced the lines...
 Once I traced the lines, I put it onto the quilt..sure enough - it stuck right to it.  I did try it on a small piece of fabric and sewed on it.  Took just a little tugging but it came right off, left no plastic behind....unlike that damn golden threads expensive worthless "sew thru me, I pull right off" paper I used on David's Chemo-flague quilt.  I picked that crap off for an hour but at least the humming birds got quilted into the top - ok - maybe some of them did sew out looking a little like ducks.
Someday, I'm going to be freaking rich once I figure out how to mass produce this idea....
 Somebody managed to get the squeaker out...when I found the ornament, it was flat and no stuffing left in it.  I washed it - yukky stinky slobber - and restuffed it.  I keep extra squeakers around the house for Bat Monkey.
 She's watching - closely watching - watching where I'm putting the squeaker...I see her calculating how long it will take her to find it and RIP it out again.
I swear she has one eye on me and one eye on the ball..freaky  I got it fixed but I anticipate another Bat-Monkey game - I sew it up - she rips it out - I sew it up again - she rips it out and so on and so on...
 Final label for Rocky's quilt.  I found some fabric transfer photo what-cha-ma-call-it and had a b/w photo of Rocky - what a great laid back face!!  I left the incorrect spelling of my name - seriously - I have no clue how that happened.  I'll blame it on becoming of age Sunday.  
 BeeBee wearing Rebeccas' witch hat.  Pretty cool photo huh??
This was Rebecca's hat when she was 3.  When you asked Rebecca what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd say - a Witch at Halloween, at 4 she wanted to be truck-driving cheerleader and when she was 5 she wanted to be a Firetruck - yep the truck - not a firewoman...the truck is somewhere in the attic.
 Last but not least, my birthday present.  They are cherry blossom pink bobbins from Janome - I love 'em!!  

More on Bat Monkey - he was the cutest little thing...squeaked so nicely..until...she went for his throat and ripped his belly 
 I was concerned, could I save him this time??
I like to "pretend" she is bringing her wounded friend to me for repairs in this picture...
 Surgery is almost complete, she looks so concerned for her friend...please save him she says.  I love him
 Bat Monkey made it thru surgery, he has a big smile on his cute little face...
Not 5 minutes later... I love you Bat Monkey - you TASTE sooo good....gimme that squeaker, you know you want to and I know she put it back in there.  Poor Bat Monkey...



No comments:

Post a Comment