Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dr. Ray to the Rescue......

All rolled on and ready to quilt - love the colors.  Guess this is where I mention that I LOST the spool of thread!!  I bet BeeBee ran off with it for payback because "somebody" shut her up in the sewing room all night Thursday night!!
I went to Joann's earlier this afternoon to get some thread to match the backing and it is a good thing I got three spools - they were much smaller than they looked I used TWO of them!!  
I thought about how I wanted to quilt the top and remembered that I had some pantographs with stippling rolled up...somewhere.
I found the pantograph I was looking for and got a BONUS - several pages of stippling that I traced quite some time ago...
I decided that the stippling was too small and I found another BONUS...a roll of paper I bought who knows when that is made just for sewing thru.  I cut the paper just a little bigger than the quilt width and traced it.  Yes, the machine has a laser light but I like to watch the sewing going on and it helps me keep up with where I am but obviously I was not watching it close enough...
BeeBee is picking up Chewie's bad habits - he likes to plop his butt down on whatever I'm reading or working on, starts purring and settles in - guess who did that just as I finished taping the paper down to start tracing...

Detour...Pretty cool huh?  this is a scrap from cutting curves - I think it looks like either a piece of candy, Darth Vader's tie fighter hauling ass because he's being chased by the Millenium Falcon...or it could be an egg that grew legs and is running across the road.
Back to the story...nosy girl - I was taping a piece down to the quilt top and up pops her head. 
First section ready for testing to see if the 2 hours of tracing the stippling pattern was worth it - and it almost was...
Last section -  Before "it" happened....
 Yep - I was holding the paper down - literally on the last stitch so it would not get caught in the hopping foot (again) and BAM - ripped right through the side of my finger. 
SUMBITCH Y'ALL
 OH crap - it would not stop bleeding - big rip on the side of my finger - thankfully I was NOT stitching on the speed setting because it would have kept going.  I was on regulated and when the machine stops moving, it stops sewing.
Dr Ray took care of it - Mom - this is gonna hurt....and did it ever...
Where the accident happened - see the little blue corner - I was just "tying" off the stitching when I obviously moved the machine faster than I moved my hand.  At least the paper didn't get caught in the hopping foot...




No comments:

Post a Comment