Monday, January 9, 2012

New quilt and Ray's off to college

Started the special quilt yesterday for Rocky.  Got out the bundle and the backing I'm going to use.

Spring will be here before we know it - even though this time last year, we had 6 inches of snow and ice on the ground!!

I was going to use this in a pattern called citrus salad but I saw a square at my class Saturday and I decided to try that one.


I decided to get unwrap all of the batiks I've received in my
bundles and sort them by color - pattern and solid
This is the my first pass, they are so beautiful.  I then unwrapped the extras I bought because I either used them or I really liked them.  Got lucky, I snooped under the cutting table at the quilt shop and there was a bundle of solids that I liked and yes - I NEEDED more solid batiks AND a bundle I really liked.  They do not sell well so the shop now only cuts for the club each month.  

This is ALL of them laid out - the photo is a little blurry but you get an idea of the colors.   They are very beautiful.

This is a pile of pure beauty!!  Yes that is a calculator on the table and YES I used it.  I keep it in the sewing room.
May not look like it, but this is 48 squares 
This is one of the prints from a bundle I just bought and I am pretty sure that it will be the January bundle that will be coming to my mailbox soon.    It has a lot of silver in it - very beautiful.  I asked them why we didn't get the pretty snowflake material for the December bundle & they said there was not enough (they used it for strip club). 

By the light of the silvery moon!!  The official name for it is Moon in the Window.  This will be my companion quilt to Hidden Moons.


Last but not least - Ray started college today!!  I've taken pictures of them since their first day of school.  He was not really happy about taking it so I waited until Tallulah came in and distracted him.



No comments:

Post a Comment