Monday, January 9, 2012

Margarita anyone....

The top is sewn and the inside borders are done.

Looks like a tall cool Margarita!!  Only thing missing is a cabana boy to serve it and a beach to dig our toes in the sand.



I pinned the outside borders to the wall just before supper.  I like it better with the squares enclosed.  Keeps the shape of the design within the square.  I am not using a pattern - just saw a quilt square I liked and went from there.


Detail on the batik fabric and yes I am fully aware the squares are a touch off.   It's the joy of handmade - not computer cut and sewn ;-)
I had matching green and orange batiks so I put them together.  I really like they way it turned out.  Glad I didn't mix and match as originally planned.



I had just enough of the green batik.  This is ALL that is left of it.  The long piece was not even and I was able to cut just enough for the outside border.  I really like this color so guess where I may be headed when I start using the other springy colors...

The next step is the outside border.  The quilt currently measures 58 x 43 which is not quite big enough for me even though it is only going to be lap quilt.

So..This is a nice orangey color that brings out the orange in the green batiks.  

Tune in tomorrow - hopefully there will be enough of the fabric to do all four sides, if not I will enlarge the 43" side to 58.

OHHH - the mail just came.  My sweet 6 yards of sheer happiness was delivered!!  Oohhh what do I make next..









No comments:

Post a Comment