Sunday, March 4, 2012

A ghost lives in my machine...

Double trouble....peanut M&Ms in an empty Talenti gelato Cappuccino container...
I'm making great progress on the t-shirt quilt.  I stared at it long enough to finally see that the missing piece was sashing with color to define the rows!!  I chose a very pretty three toned green that fits really well with the overall color of the quilt.
This is the first two rows.  The top row only appears to be upside down but when put on the bed - it will be in the right direction. 
Three rows sewn together. 
 Of course Miss Nosy had to come check everything out.  Since Chewie is hurt, he is not mobile enough to make his normal rounds so he sends a scout out that reports back to him what is happening upstairs.
Two rows ready to put together.  I sew the blocks together one at a time because I have to measure the border (black sashing) for each pice individually so I can be sure they fit properly  I think for the first row, I ripped out as much as I sewed!!  
The quilt is currently 106 inches long, I have not measured across yet but once the last three rows are together, it should be just right maybe even a smidgen larger than the king sized batting but I have plenty batting scraps that will take up the slack. 
 These are the small pieces I cut from various shirts - didn't want to waste any of the designs.   I decided to go ahead and put them all randomly into one block.
 This is the inside border sashing fabric.
Quad trouble, chips, peanut m&ms, talenti, and to top it off a DIET Pepsi...hey - gotta watch the sugar...Had to do something while I was staring at the wall...
Miss Nosy decided to hang out and watch for a while.   I love it when she gives me that what - am I in your way look....
Saw this at Hobby Lobby when I picked up the green fabric.  I really really like this.  On sale for 50% off - she would be a great companion with my half guy...I may get her yet.  People were staring because I kept picking her up and turning her around.  She is almost as tall as me..the more I look at it, the more I think it would look fabulous in my sewing room!!  She is a lot prettier than the burlap one I want.  I'd name her Stella...
This is Janice's 1/2 man - I have one like it but do not have a picture of him yet.  And yes...I am going to put pants on the poor guy.
Tallulah actually sniffed his butt when I brought him home.  Bloomingdales is closing and they were selling them.  Don't y'all think these two would be a cute couple...Say yes, I want to go buy the the gal in the little black dress and dream of how much fun I had in my 20s....
Tacky tacky tacky...I have burned thru several yards of black sashing and needed more.  You'd think if the store is going to mark fabric up TWO DOLLARS a yard, they would put up a NEW sign, not tape a 7 over the 5 - yes I pulled it off because I saw right away the 7 was taped on.  tsk tsk tsk.  Shame on you Hancock Fabrics, not the first time I've caught them doing this.  Guess they learned this from Target.

Now, about my ghost.  I sure hope the video comes thru.
I was ironing a seam and heard a noise.  The kind of noise that makes you stop and ask yourself do I really want to look.  I turned around and MY MACHINE was sewing on it's own.  The only way I could get it to stop was to turn it off.


Gotta go - MY CAR IS HOME!!!  Oh - Ray is home too...



No comments:

Post a Comment