Monday, March 26, 2012

How many quarters does it take...

Yippee - Ronnie's Roadies if finished!!!   It is SO big!!  This is the second largest quilt I have ever made - David's Chemoflague still holds the record - don't even ask me the size - that's math!!


The next step is to head over to the laundromat and run it thru the spin and dry!!  You know nothing gets out of my sewing room without Chewie, BeeBee and Tallulah love all over it.  There is so much black, all they had to do was walk into the room and POOF - hair in the air and right on the black fabric it landed!!




The Atlanta Shop Hop 2012 was this past weekend!!! Visited all 10 shops in two days - drove 235 around this city!! 
One of the quilt shops was in a feed and seed store.  We pulled in and just like everyone else, got out of the car wondering if we had the right place.  Being near a dirt road should have been a clue.
I think I was more excited about it being a feed/seed store or what we called a CO-OP than looking at the fabric (if you can imagine that...)  The guy that was running the place took over from his dad.  When I found out they had hoop cheese, I really took a step back in time and yes - I bought some - it was as tasty as I remembered.  I can picture my mom slicing some and pulling off the red rind so she could make cheese toast...Ohhhh it was nice to go back for a moment - have not had a chance to make any cheese toast because *somebody* counter surfed and chewed up the loaf of bread while we were gone.  All that was left was soggy stuff in a plastic wrapper.



This was a pattern at the first shop we stopped at Saturday morning - from a book called Claire's Cats Volume One - BeeBee could have posed for every block - however...they were out of the book!! Figures...
 Our Second stop was my favorite place - A Scarlet Thread!!  I took the magnolia quilt fabrics with me and matched them up to these beautiful batiks.  They also had 108" fabric on clearance - of course I bought some - that size fabric is expensive and rarely on clearance.
Putting the pieces of the magnolia on the foundation fabric.  Something really funny happened but I am not about to admit what I did.  Let's just say....mirror image...and reading is 
FUN-DA-MENTAL
I found this pattern at a quilt store in Mableton - it was an awesome store  - the name of the pattern is Josephine's Knot - of course I almost cried and there was no question as to whether or not I was going to buy it - Josephine is my mom's name.  I was looking at it last night and EUREKA...the magnolia block would fit right in the middle!!  So...I have my quilt top for the Mississippi Society of Georgia figured out - now I have more time to stress over getting the bias binding made and put on..  HA HA HA  (premade bias binding is - drum roll please $1.40 a YARD!!)  I almost fainted.


BeeBee getting her morning time outside and being nosy when I was taking pictures of the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment