Monday, March 12, 2012

Ronnie's Roadies Rolled and RRRReady...

Ronnie's Roadies is Rolled on and Ready to go.


Had to go back out to the deck - not enough floor space in the house anymore to lay out a quilt this big.  


 Rolled onto the frame.
 Long story short - I am freehanding the quilting.  On a side note, no more buying chalk in a can or chalk in a pounce what-cha-ma-call-it either.  I will keep my self imposed title of Stippling Queen - no templates needed.  (I am going to shuck the title SUCKER!!)
I only got as far as the green block just past the dogs when the bobbin ran out.  I think this will be a 6 bobbin quilt.  The polyester clear thread is doing great.  I put in one of the needles for fine threads and it has only broken once but I know why so all is ok.  Sooo....before I quilt anymore, going to take the time to spin some bobbins so I can do a quick change when the thread runs out.
 Considering that this is how my morning started - I got a lot done today.  Sad thing is...the cup had a top on it that would close...AAAGGHHH!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment