Monday, December 5, 2011

Almost ready to put onto frame...Quilt log book has been found

Calling it a night because....


Had a slight change in the borders because....that would be MATH.  When we initially measured, we only did one direction and decided to put a 1 inch greenish blue border and a wonderful brown 3 inch border.  Well.....having a three inch brown border ALL the way around caused the quilt to be over 106 inches in one direction.  So...the 1 inch green border will stay the same but on one end, the brown border will be 1 inch and the other end it will be 3 inches.  I am sure it will look nice.  But...somebody..that remain anonymous, sewed the borders to the wrong sides resulting in over an HOUR spent ripping out stitches. 


Tomorrow, I have to piece together the batting - it is only 90 x 108 inches in size and I need it to be a minimum of 106 x 108 - need extra for the clamps.  But that is easy, I always keep large pieces of extra batting just for this.


This what happens to the person that sews borders to the  wrong side...at least she is still smiling.






I looked EVERYWHERE for my quilt log book.  It contains measurements, info on in progress quilts, info on quilts I have made, book names, pages - lots of stuff I don't want to lose.
I NEVER put anything on the ironing board shelf - this book was UNDER some fabric AND batting.  OH well, at least I found it.




My little helper is never far away.  She learned her lesson a couple of days ago when when jumped onto the quilt and fell thru - Chewie taught her that when there is a quilt on the frame, it doubles as a hammock - anyway - she now goes up under the quilt frame and jumps onto the shelf where the pantographs go.  Smart kitty.


Time for bed - long day tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment