Wednesday, December 7, 2011

That's a whole lotta quilt!!

The top is finished - it is so big, I don't have floor space big enough to lay it flat right now!!  (I'm in the middle of rearranging the house - again).



Got it turned onto the backing for the best fit  - not much left over - gotta roll that baby on straight as an arrow - will definitely take two people to attach the ends to the leaders and roll it up.

I pinned it together so I know which end is the "starting" end.  This is it - all in a heap!!  Sorry - had the big floor-es-cent lights on - they are bright.





I had it across the frame but pinning the backing to it was not working for me - it kept slipping.  The dining room floor worked much better.



My oh crap moment of the day...never fear though, I save my batting scraps and pieced two sections together - came out just right.






Tune in next time and you will see the quilt all rolled up onto the frame and ready to go.

Should be quilted by Sunday - then the binding can be put on.

Then....off to sew the next quilt top together - 18 days to finish both of these!!


No comments:

Post a Comment