Sunday, December 25, 2011

Another beer please

Well...I started quilting and when I rolled the quilt up, I noticed serious pokeys - re loose stitches.  I decided to tear them out because they were in the whole first block.



I think this is what caused it - note the stitch length it wayyyy over and I did the first set of stitches on speed control which caused long - ruffeling type stitches.


I dialed it back and switched over to stitch regulated - this means the stitch length will stay constant and the machine only sews when I move the head


No - this is NOT good  and YES - the quilt has been detatched - I have to TEAR out all of the stitching on the first set of blocks.  I attempted to resew the first block and bad pokeys again.  

I need to see what is going on but as I tore out the first set of stitches I unrolled the quilt and caused a massive mess underneath - the quilt did not line back up correctly   


Good thing I have not gotten taken this class yet or I'd be having me some target practice...



No comments:

Post a Comment