Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookies packed, divinity made, rainbow cirlce quilt

Cookies have been packed.  The divinity has been made.  Once it hardens, it will be safe enough to pack for shipping.

All of the rainbow circle squares have been sewn together - now to make them into big squares.

That takes a lot of pins because I have to match up 4 intersecting seams in each square then 5 intersecting seams when I sew the four together to make a big square.

My wrist pin cushion is loaded and ready to go.



First big square sewn and on the wall - I can use this one to know how to put the others together.



As I was sewing the little squares into big squares, I needed my full table top to lay them out.  I had to put my snacks on the floor.  "Somebody" came in and looked at me so pitiful but I was busy and didn't pay her much mind but when I looked down as I was pinning....guess being close to them was enough.



My other frequent visitor 

I've got my EYE on you....


Big squares sewn together - they remind me a little of nucelar symbols - just the wrong color


Top all sewn together and the borders only stuck to the wall.  It is has been a long day and I am tired!  



Glad somebody is napping - Why am I tired - fat boy woke me up at 6 am tapping me on the forehead - literally - with his paw and claw - pat pat - wake up - pat pat wake up - I'M HUNGRY!!  I could not get back to sleep!!  Reminded me of a time oh so long ago when somebody's kid woke me up at 5:30 am on a  Saturday by lifting my eyelid and yelling - wake up Miss Jimmie - I'm HUNGRY - I should have said - what the hell happened here Superman but not sure he'd coined that phrase yet...



Another big batch of cookies have been made - will ice tomorrow.  Must make some fudge, divinity and get the borders sewn onto the quilt.  Hopefully by tomorrow evening, the backing will be sewn together and both top and bottom rolled onto the frame for sewing.  Maybe I will get it finished it by Friday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment