Monday, December 19, 2011

Borders sewn on, Hidden Moons delivered, 3 dozen cookies to ice

Whew - what a day - glad it was my off day - day off - hmmmm - for me it could be either.

Got up early and my hip STILL hurt  - ooowwww - I hate getting old = between hobbling and hot flashes, I feel like an old old lady.

Got the borders sewn down one side on the Nucelar quilt ( I have NO idea what else to call it, the official name is tropical but the colors are obviously NOT tropic colors).  Took my daily jaunt/hobble around the lake, got a note from mommie notarized at the bank for Ray telling his college he does live at home.  Ray mailed the cookies and divinity for me - hope they make it in time!!

Got back home and finished sewing the rest of the borders on the quilt.  Found three pieces of batting that I could sew together so I would not have to open a new package.  It is really expensive so anytime I make quilt, I am careful cutting the batting away - waste not, want not.  If nothing else, I can use the scraps for a rag quilt.


Once I got that finished, the cookies were in the oven and a new batch was cooling so I had to stop and make a fresh batch of icing to go along with the little bit left over from yesterday.



I got about a dozen iced and it was off to deliver Hidden Moons - had to get it wrapped.

Present wrapped, cookies on the tray and covered up - somebody thought SHE was getting a cookie...



Janice loved her Hidden Moons - I forgot my camera so I will go back over and take a good picture of how it looks - matched her paint perfectly!!


Time for bed now - has been a long day and 4:30 comes early!!

Tune in tomorrow....
Hopefully the quilt backing will be sewn together and the quilt rolled onto the frame - will not starting the quilting process because....

I have three dozen cookies to ice - Snowmen, Christmas Trees and Stars...

And I need to find time to put up a Christmas Tree and wrap the loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment